The International Cricket Council (ICC) has recently released the official schedule for the upcoming ICC World Cup 2023. The forthcoming ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup is scheduled to take place in India, commencing on October 5 and concluding on November 19, 2023.
ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Schedule
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has recently unveiled the official schedule for the upcoming ICC World Cup 2023. The forthcoming ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup of 2023 is scheduled to take place in India, commencing on October 5 and concluding on November 19, 2023. The upcoming World Cup will encompass a cumulative of ten teams. India, being the host country, has successfully obtained direct qualification, with Afghanistan, Australia, England, Bangladesh, New Zealand, Pakistan, and South Africa. The aforementioned teams secured their positions based on their performance in the ICC Cricket World Cup Super League spanning from 2020 to 2023. The identification of the final two teams will be ascertained via the ongoing World Cup Qualifiers now being held in Zimbabwe.
World Cup team’s announced
Prior to September 28, it is mandatory for all teams to complete the selection of their 15-player squads. Any substitutions made after this date must be authorized by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
India World Cup squad: Rohit Sharma (Captain), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Ishan Kishan, KL Rahul, Hardik Pandya (Vice-captain), Suryakumar Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav
Australia squad: Pat Cummins (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Nathan Ellis, Cameron Green, Aaron Hardie, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Tanveer Sangha, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa. Three items are to be omitted.
England’s squad: Jos Buttler (c), Moeen Ali, Gus Atkinson, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Reece Topley, David Willey, Mark Wood, Chris Woakes.
South Africa squad: Temba Bavuma (c), Gerald Coetzee, Quinton de Kock, Reeza Hendricks, Marco Jansen, Heinrich Klaasen, Sisanda Magala, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie van der Dussen.
Netherlands squad: Scott Edwards (c), Max O’Dowd, Bas de Leede, Vikram Singh, Teja Nidamanuru, Paul van Meekeren, Colin Ackermann, Roelof van der Merwe, Logan van Beek, Aryan Dutt, Ryan Klein, Wesley Barresi, Saqib Zulfiqar, Shariz Ahmad, Sybrand Engelbrecht.
New Zealand squad: Kane Williamson (c), Trent Boult, Mark Chapman, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Rachin Ravindra, Mitch Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Will Young.
Afghanistan squad: Hashmatullah Shahidi (c), Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Ibrahim Zadran, Riaz Hassan, Rahmat Shah, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Ikram Alikhil, Azmatullah Omarzai, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb ur Rahman, Noor Ahmad, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Abdul Rahman, Naveen ul Haq.
World Cup 2023 Tickets
The official announcement by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Wednesday, September 6, pertained to the availability of additional tickets in response to the substantial demand for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023. Following conversations conducted by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) regarding the hosting of state associations, it is anticipated that an approximate quantity of 400,000 additional tickets will be made accessible for the tournament. The commencement of ticket sales for all matches will take place on September 8th (Friday), starting at 8 PM on the official website of the Cricket World Cup.
World Cup 2023 Schedule-Latest Updates
- The rescheduling of the Indian vs. Pakistan match mostly stems from the commencement of the Navratri celebration. The implementation of security measures would have posed significant challenges had the match taken place on its first scheduled date of October 15. The International Cricket Council (ICC) and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) have made a request to the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) regarding the rescheduling of two group matches, one of which is a match against India in Ahmedabad.
- The highly anticipated cricket match between India and Pakistan, initially planned for October 15 in Ahmedabad as part of the prestigious ICC World Cup tournament, is now likely to take place on October 14.
- The inaugural match of the tournament is slated to occur on October 5th at the Narendra Modi Stadium situated in Ahmedabad. The final match of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 has been designated to take place at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, as stated by Jay Shah, Secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- In the upcoming matches, the initial semi-final will take place in the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, while the subsequent semi-final will be held at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
ICC Cricket World Cup Schedule 2023- Tournament Venues
- A comprehensive list of ten locations has been identified for the upcoming event, including Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Dharamsala, Delhi, Chennai, Lucknow, Pune, Bengaluru, Mumbai, and Kolkata.
- In addition to Hyderabad, the cities of Guwahati and Thiruvananthapuram have been selected to host the warm-up matches scheduled to take place from 29 September to 3 October.
Past Cricket World Cup Winners Country Wise
The following is a comprehensive compilation of the winners of the ODI Cricket World Cup, spanning from its inaugural year in 1975 through the most recent edition in 2023.